Teaching Kitchen Programs
Our Learning Kitchen
Under the leadership of our Executive Chef and Kitchen Manager Yves Dechaine.
Using food as the foundation, Greener Village is supporting and engaging the community in order to improve health through enhanced understanding of nutrition and healthy choices. The kitchen is Class 4 commercially licensed and serves as: a Learning Kitchen, Rentable meeting space, catering location, space for clients to learn employable skills, teaching food handling services, first aid, and food safety while providing volunteer services to (potential) renters of the facility.
- Collective Kitchens – groups of individuals cooking together taking home food to share with their families.
- Workshops: Basic food meal planning and preparation, cooking and preserving inexpensive, nutritious food. while using hands on learning
- Financial management and food budgeting
- Community Food Mentor Programming
- Specialized cooking classes
- Corporate Team building packages
By "meeting people where they are", our Learning Kitchen facility will offer a supportive environment where we can cook and eat together, learn and share new skills, and make new friendships over nutritious food.